In this episode…
We discuss how critical why you should pay close attention to the fees you’re paying in your financial life.
Mastering this area will make you tens of thousands of dollars richer and boost your progress towards financial independence.
Listen to the show…
(or download the mp3 file here)
- Dealing with the big daddy: investment fees or MERs (02:02)
- Is a 1% fee really that bad? (05:04)
- Looking at fees as a percent of investment returns (07:05)
- How fees affect your withdrawal rate and dividends (09:15)
- Real examples of how fees compound over 15 and 30 years (11:37)
- Dealing with the argument about high fee active funds (14:49)
- What about brokerage fees? (19:05)
- Fees on superannuation and COVID withdrawals (23:39)
- Dave’s rant on property management fees (27:23)
- When higher fees might be justified (34:04)
- Listener question: How to split assets between partners to optimise tax (43:24)
Subscribe in your favourite podcast app:
Or join my mailing list below and get notified of future episodes in your inbox:
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Check out the complete list of episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page. Or check out custom clips from the show on our YouTube channel.
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below 🙂