In this episode…
We talk about how inflation affects our living costs and planning for FI.
We discuss the real purpose of building a portfolio of assets, and the best investment strategies to fund 50+ years of financial independence!
Listen to the show…
(if you prefer, download the mp3 file here)
- Term deposits and risk-averse retirees (1:25)
- What is inflation and why does it matter? (3:00)
- How can we combat inflation over time? (5:34)
- Is it possible to live off cash using the 4% rule? (6:13)
- Why you need to invest and can never really avoid risk (7:34)
- How can we fund 50+ years of retirement? (10:16)
- Which investments can sustain our financial independence? (15:01)
- The importance of assets with a growth component (17:25)
- Investing on behalf of children (investment bonds, tax structures) (20:43)
Subscribe in your favourite podcast app:
Or join my mailing list below to get notified of future episodes in your inbox:
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Check out the complete list of episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page. Or check out highlights from the show on our FIRE and Chill YouTube channel.
Have something to add to this to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…