In this episode…
We talk about how inflation affects our living costs and planning for FI.
We discuss the real purpose of building a portfolio of assets, and the best investment strategies to fund 50+ years of financial independence!
Listen to the show…
(if you prefer, download the mp3 file here)
- Term deposits and risk-averse retirees (1:25)
- What is inflation and why does it matter? (3:00)
- How can we combat inflation over time? (5:34)
- Is it possible to live off cash using the 4% rule? (6:13)
- Why you need to invest and can never really avoid risk (7:34)
- How can we fund 50+ years of retirement? (10:16)
- Which investments can sustain our financial independence? (15:01)
- The importance of assets with a growth component (17:25)
- Investing on behalf of children (investment bonds, tax structures) (20:43)
Join my mailing list below to get notified of future episodes in your inbox:
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Check out the complete list of episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page.
Have something to add to this to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…