In this episode…
We explore the important topic of recessions and market downturns.
How should we deal with these disruptions on our way to financial independence? What should we do with our investments?
(note: some details regarding the coronavirus have changed since we recorded this episode)
Listen to the show…
(or download the mp3 file here)
- Who could have predicted our life in 2020? (02:44)
- Are recession forecasts worth listening to? (05:25)
- Pat explains the real definition of Murphy’s Law (10:36)
- Market timing – why can’t we avoid the downturns? (16:05)
- Investing while markets are ‘expensive’ (23:28)
- Anecdotes, Aussie punters and bubble stocks (29:48)
- Market returns and cherry-picking start and end dates (32:47)
- Our best advice for dealing with fear and uncertainty (34:18)
- Summary and key takeaways (44:12)
- Listener question: How do we track and manage our spending? (47:35)
Subscribe in your favourite podcast app:
Or join my mailing list below and get notified of future episodes in your inbox…
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Check out the complete list of episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page. Or check out custom clips from the show on our YouTube channel.
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below 🙂