In this episode…
This week on the show we have an in-depth discussion about borrowing to buy shares.
We look at the different borrowing options, the pros and cons of using leverage in the sharemarket, the things you need to consider before diving in, and which option we find the most attractive.
Listen to the show…
(or download the mp3 file here)
- Follow-ups on insurance and the pension (1:34)
- The benefits of borrowing to buy shares (06:33)
- Downsides of using debt to buy shares (09:47)
- How does tax work when we use leverage (15:23)
- Working out your profit margin on the borrowed money (18:08)
- Using home equity to buy shares (21:36)
- Margin loans (24:10)
- NAB Equity Builder (35:40)
- Leveraged ETFs (41:26)
- Should you invest differently with borrowed money? (51:18)
- Other considerations and reminders (55:03)
- How debt can affect early retirement (57:36)
- Which option we like the best and final thoughts (1:01:00)
Resources and stuff mentioned…
Join my mailing list to get new content as soon as it comes out…
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Check out our other episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page.
Thanks for tuning in! If you enjoyed the show, please share it to help spread the word.
Have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below.