In this episode…
This week on FIRE & Chill we do a thought experiment.
What if we woke up as 18 year old’s and had to start our wealth-building journeys all over again? What first steps would we take? What would we do differently?
This is a big discussion, and I think you’ll get lots out of it.
Listen to the show…
(or download the mp3 file here)
- Intro chat (01:10)
- Would we study or start work immediately? (05:32)
- Would we try to earn extra income? (13:36)
- Buying vs renting for us starting now (18:50)
- Our expected living expenses, savings rate and timeframe to FI (26:02)
- Would we be more frugal than we are now? (36:24)
- Semi-retirement or full FI? (41:12)
- How would we invest? (45:48)
- Would we put extra into super? (52:32)
- What if we started at age 40 instead? (55:20)
- What if we were single? (1:05:46)
- Overall, would it be easier or harder? (1:09:37)
Resources and stuff mentioned…
Join my mailing list to get new content as soon as it comes out:
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Check out our other episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page.
Thanks for tuning in! If you enjoyed the show, please share it to help spread the word.
Have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below.