In this episode…
How do you approach super when you want to retire early?
Should you include it in your plans or not? And how do we invest it?
We cover this and lots more in today’s episode!
Listen to the show…
(or download the mp3 file here)
- What exactly is superannuation and where did it come from? (01:12)
- How does super fit into early retirement plans? (04:43)
- The issues with going ‘all-in’ on super (06:35)
- The downsides of investing all outside super (10:23)
- How we choose to approach super and why (11:39)
- When focusing on investing inside super makes the most sense (17:59)
- If we’re going to retire early, does super even matter? (19:56)
- How to avoid a crap super fund (22:21)
- Investment strategy inside super (29:28)
- Member direct options and big grey tax area! (34:32)
- How we invest our super (45:54)
- Summary of the key points (50:29)
Join my mailing list to get future content straight to your inbox…
Want more FIRE & Chill?
Check out the complete list of episodes on the FIRE and Chill podcast page.
Do you have something to add to this discussion? Share your thoughts in the comments below…